Christmas is my favorite time of they year. I love the smells, the colors, but most importantly the feeling.
I love to sew and this year I decided to sit down and create my baby her very own stocking.
Throughout this pattern please use a 1/2 inch seam
Here is how I made it:
1. Cut out 48 strips of coordinating fabric. Each strip needs to measure 9 inches by 2.5 inches
2. Now take each strip of fabric and place sandwich 2 on top of each other with wrong sides together. So now you will have 24 fabric sandwiches.
3. Take 2 of the sandwiches and place them together. Sew down the long side of the fabric sandwich.
4. Repeat with 10 more fabric sandwiches.
5. You will now have a rectangular piece of fabric.
6. Now make another rectangular piece of fabric with the remainder pieces of fabric
7. Lay your 2 rectangles on top of each other with wrong sides together.
8. Take a stocking that have already and lay it down on top of your fabric and cut out the shape. (if you need a little more width just add a piece of fabric where you need it)
8. Now sew those 2 pieces of fabric together around the outer edges BUT NOT THE TOP. You will be sewing 4 pieces of fabric together at the same time
9. Cut out a piece of fabric that measures 4 inches by 1 inch. This will be the hoop to hang your stocking up with.
11. Sew down both long edges of the piece of fabric. Stick the short ends of the piece of fabric in between the sandwiched fabric at the top of the stocking.
12. Sew around the top of the stocking. You will be sewing 2 layers of fabric together.
13. Now take some short blade scissors and cut all the raw edges of your stocking.
14. Wash and dry the stocking.