Thanks Julie of Stars and Sunshine for sharing
Doily! Oh MY!
I saw this posted on Check Me Out Saturday this week. I didn't add it to my feature cause it isn't really a craft, but it is absolutely ADORABLE! Seriously I am in love!
Rag Quilting - Backwards....An Experiment
I still haven't washed the blanket (a week later ) but when I do this weekend I will show you all the finished product. I actually really like it. I can see some potential...Give me a few weeks to come up with it :)
While I was snapping away with the camera my baby girl wanted a photo shoot. Silly girl! She doesn't smile for the camera once so this is just melting my heart!
Airplane Applique Rag Quilt with Embroidered Personalization
A few weeks ago I got a request for a larger airplane appliqued blanket. She also wanted her sons name Ben embroidered on it. I love how it turned out and I hope Ben and her mom love it as well!
Bath Robe from Beach Towels
Its pretty bad when my daughter and husband search the entire town for a new bath robe for me. They thought it was bad that there were countless holes in it and many bleached stains...
Me on the other hand didn't really care....It served its purpose. It wasn't like any other robe...it actually absorbed water. It covered me very nicely. It has been a good friend for many years.
After I found out that they had searched for 3 hours for a new bath robe for me that was absorbant I realized how bad this lovely purple robe really was. So I started watching for some towels that I could make a new robe with. It has taken me 3 months but I did it.
This project took me less than an hour from start to finish. It was really simple. I forgot to take a picture of it before I cut it all up...
First I cut up my purple robe into 5 pieces (the arm, one of the front 1/2 pieces, the back piece, the tie for around the waist, and the little loop that gets sewn in the sides to hold the tie)
Then I laid out my 2 beach towels (I bought 3 but ended up only needing 2 for a size small robe) and laid the pieces from the purple robe on top and cut them out (make sure to cut out 2 arm pieces and 2 front pieces, and 2 loops for the tie to go through)
One other thing to try to remember is to use as much of the finished edges of the towels as possible. It will make finishing the robe so much easier :)
Then I sewed it all together with my serger. If you don't have one then use a zig zag stitch with your sewing machine. First...the shoulder pieces from the front and back pieces. Next where the arms fit onto the shoulders, then sew under the arms together down through the sides of the robe (make sure to add the little loops in the waist area for the tie to go through)
Next finish your edges and your robe is done. Seriously this was a really easy project that I was dreading. I did make my robe about 3 inches longer than my last one. When I finished the edges I just serged around them and since I won't be wearing it to town no one will know that I didn't professionally finish the edges :)