+Tauni Everett Event for bloggers called Snap! It was held in SLC. At the conference they had a sewing room. It was Awe-Some! I pretty much hung out there the whole time. Mingling with fellow sewers, sewing away on +Baby Lock sewing machines.
It was tons of fun!
So here are the basics.
- We took 8 charms from a Kona solid fabric stack. Each stack only has 1 of each color so I bartered and traded until I had enough of the pink and turquoise bluish fabrics. Then you will also need 8 solid white 5" squares.
- Then take a pen and something straight that is stiff and mark down the middle of the squares going from 1 point to the opposite point (you will only need to mark down the colored squares or down the white squares, not both)
- Stack 1 colored square on top of 1 white square, with right sides together.
- Sew down each square 1/4" away from the line that you just marked, on both sides of the mark.
- Cut each square down the marked line and you will now have 2 new squares from each of the 2 squares you sewed together. They will be made up of 2 triangles, 1 white and 1 colored
- Figure out the layout you would like with all the squares.
- Sew your squares into 4 strips (made up of 4 squares)
- Then sew your strips into a square
- For the back you will need 1 fat quarter. You can finish the pillow however you would like. I finished mine with an envelop back because that is what is easiest for me. Plus when I need to wash the cover then I can just pull the pillow out and give it a quick wash.
I love this pillow pattern and the colors are super cute, too! Thanks for sharing with us at Motivation Monday :)
Thank you for submitting to Motivation Monday!
Cute pillow! I really like those colors!
Navy Wifey Peters @ The Submarine Sunday Link Party
Cute pattern and I love the pillow :) Thanks for sharing on Something To Talk About link party! Hope to see you again next Monday!
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you! Let me know what you think