1. It was a quick sew. It seriously only took me 1 hour to sew the shirt from start to finish. That included me trying it on several times while sewing it to make sure it was going to work with a big ol belly
2. I used my serger instead of sewing machine for assembling the shirt, except for the top stitching I did with my sewing machine.
3. I originally cut out a medium, but then after fitting the first time I realized that it was WAY to baggy for my top and under my belly. So ended up taking in under the arms and the waistband a couple of inches each. I didn't compare it for sure, but I think they ended up being closer to an x-small in those areas.
4. I am always intimidated by adding the arm and neckline binding. I am always afraid that I am going to stretch the fabric too much, or not enough, but it turned out perfect. There wasn't any funky parts to it at all. Much to my relief!
5. I made my shirt using +Riley Blake Gray Chevron Knit fabric. It is so soft and comfy. The best part is that it isn't a thin knit like a lot that you find around town and online. Plus it has a ton of stretch to it.
Golden Rippy Patterns- Delilah Top for Ladies
The DELILAH top is a fun beginner knit top with half sleeves or short sleeves built in. The arm and hip bands can be made in a contrasting fabric for more fun. The drop sleeves and roomy fit mean that it’s super comfortable! You can make a pretty bow or choose to add some flowers. Get ready to make a closet full of them!
And if your little girl wants to match mommy, you can make her the matching Dahlia top in her size.
- illustrated instructions
- six sizes XXS to XL
- 2 sleeve lengths
- 2 embellishment options
- printing guide
- pattern layout guide
- 28 page PDF pattern download to make the top
- fabric yardages for 45″ and 60″ widths
- pattern pieces with seam allowances
- professionally designed and graded pattern
Now make sure to enter in the Rafflecopter Giveaway below for your chance to win this (or any other pattern from Golden Rippy)+
Two winners will each win: 2 Patterns of your choice from Golden Rippy
The Contest Rules:
You must be 18 to enter.
You can gain entries by entering the Rafflecopter Prompts.
Giveaway ends: 8/6/14 at midnight PST.
Two winners will be chosen and announced on 8/7/14.
If you want to see what everyone else has done with the Delilah Shirt Pattern make sure to stop by Golden Rippy Blog to follow along the next 2 weeks!
a Rafflecopter giveaway