I videoed while sewing the pillow. The Youtube video is below for you to follow along with it. I made the video play at double time because sewing can sometimes be slow and tedious, but you still get the idea. So its a quick video because I know you don't have time to sit and watch sewing videos all day. Otherwise you won't get one of these cute pillows done (if you are like me at all ;)!
Cutting out the pillow:
1. Cut out 1 piece of fabric measuring 17" wide by the width of fabric.
2. Cut that piece of fabric into 3 pieces. They will measure 17" square, and then two 12" by 17" pieces. The 12" pieces will be for you back envelope
3. Cut out a large circle measuring 13" diameter
4. For the hanging bow I used 12" of sequin trim
5. For the lace center trim I used a piece 14" long
6. Gather Buttons or other items for embellishments
Assembling your Ornament Christmas Pillow Sham
1. Using fabric glue, glue the sequin trim to your pillow
2. Place the circle in the center of the large square and then decide on how to place your other embellishments
3. Follow along with the video to complete your pillow
4. Top stitch all embellishments and the ornament onto the pillow
5. Finish the edge of the fabric using your favorite method on both of the 12" pieces for the back of your pillow (I used the sew, then roll method)
6. Place both of the 12" pieces on the back of the pillow, making sure to line up the corners of the front of the pillow with the back of the pillow. Pin in place.
7. Sew around the pillow sham using a 3/8 Seam allowance. Make sure to backstitch over the places where the envelope opening will be because you will be putting extra pressure on these points when stuffing the pillow sham with a pillow.
8. Trim the corners so that when you turn you will have nice and pretty corners
9. Turn right sides out and stuff with pillow and Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this video and tutorial, make sure to share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, make sure to join the Facebook Group to share your pictures and to ask any questions that you have!