How to Sew a Ruffle pillow with Ruffle Fabric
Here's how to do it.
1. decide the size you want your pillow
2. You will need to cut a total of 3 pieces of fabric. For a Euro pillow sham I cut the front piece 27 inches square, 1 back piece I cut 27x13 inches, and the other I cut 27x20 inches. That way you can have an envelope type place to stuff your pillow into.
3. Make sure to cut your fabric 1 inch bigger all the way around from the size of pillow you are wanting. The coral pillow I did ruffle fabric front and back.
4. Pin the front and back pieces into place with the right sides touching.
5. Sew around the perimeter. I like to use my walking foot when I sew with ruffle fabric. It seems to stretch a lot and the walking foot helps to prevent the stretching while sewing.
6. Clip the corners of the pillow so that when you turn it right sides out the corners look better.
7. Turn the pillow right side out and check to make sure that all your ruffles stayed in the right spot. If not, then unpick that spot and sew it again. I swear that every pillow I make I end up unpicking a couple ruffles :)
8. Put your pillow into the pillow sham and ENJOY!
here on A Vision to Remember on Etsy
These Deer Quilts are killing me! In a good way. I love them. Seriously! I can't decide which is my favorite! So can you help m...