I came across this really fun apron swap about a month ago It is called the Flirty Apron Swap. I decided to take the plunge and try it.
Find the free downloadable beehive applique HERE
The Bee applique is HERE
THIS pattern. I even added pockets for her. I will show you have to adjust the pattern tomorrow to add the pockets.
Now how did I applique the bee's and the beehive?
1. download the applique patterns above
2. cut out the pattern pieces
3. using your pattern pieces cut out the appropriate amount of pieces with you fabric
4. pin the pieces in place onto the fabric that you want the appliques to be on
5. sew with a straight stitch around each piece and where indicated.
6. I used a really tight zig zag stitch about a 1/4 inch wide for the eyes and the antennas. The antennas are not on the pattern pieces. I just kinda eye balled them in place.
7. Finish the product that you are making and then wash it to fray the edges a little of the applique.